Register

If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

View Poll Results: Should the rule be reverted to serve the community's interests?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Change it back!

32 62.75%
  • Keep it as it is

19 37.25%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Exactly.

If you want to call someone's skills trash then type it correctly "trash skills" not just "trash" only otherwise he/she will think that you're calling him/her trash.
    I'm sorry I don't wanna turn this into a flame thread but if you can't even handle just "trash" towards you, why are you even allowed on the internet? get off it.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Banging7Grams View Post
    So, as you can see we already have disagreement as to what should and should not be allowed. GG twitter/FB all over, but at least we wont lose billions of dollars like FB did.

BTW Sherlock, I think Shini means it as a reference to someones skills IG, which is understandable, but you can quickly see how people wont see things the same way, or interpret them differently.
    HOHO someone's smart!!!

Predicting rain doesn't count.Building arks does.
    Warren Buffet

Mentioned
    254 Post(s)
    So for example, Group A, has one guy insulting and using slang too much
    Group B walks by and they force him to shut up because they are offended to that even tho it is not directed to them? nice logic

You want to force something just because you are a saint and others are not?
    This will feel like a dictatorship to the players.
    A player can not cuss about losing his money in gambling without the punishment. If someone is mad about all his insults spamming the chat then he will get muted for flooding/spamming

Keeping the rule as it is might benefit for the long run, we have a different punishment for lower score players since they get muted for 120-240 depending on the severity of their insult.

Admins can not distinguish a jab about in-game skill/feature to real life one
    For example Player A kidnaps player B, player B says you are shit
    Now how would you look at that?? I look at this "You are bad at the game"
    Meanwhile YOU look at this the way it is written

All in all, the old rule is too harsh and does not feel like an 18+ game

Adjusting the old rule to allow minor insults? Hello? It makes the old rule like this one? plus what I think you want is a PG-13 game where it's a playground with many parents supervising the kids and scolding them at first sign of disrespect and bad behavior???
    I thought when getting this game it was stated to be 18+ with insults in-game, ****ographic material and mentions of drugs? OH YEAH WE HAVE MENTIONS OF ILLEGAL ACTIVITY IN THE SERVER BUT NO WE CAN NOT INSULT YIPEE

Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shini View Post
    I'm sorry I don't wanna turn this into a flame thread but if you can't even handle just "trash" towards you, why are you even allowed on the internet? get off it.
    You shouldn't be the one saying this since you're the guy who muted *someone* for provoking.

https://i.imgur.com/4E3JT3h.png

If you can't face provokers in a video game so how you're gonna face your boss in the office when he's gonna keep kicking ur butt everyday for some reasons. Just an example
    Last edited by Sherlock; 08-07-2018 at 09:11 AM. Reason: example :}

Spoiler!

Only dead fish go with the flow

Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    You shouldn't be the one saying this since you're the guy who muted *someone* for provoking.

https://i.imgur.com/4E3JT3h.png

If you can't face provokers in a video game so how you're gonna face your boss in the office when he's gonna keep kicking ur butt everyday for some reasons. Just an example
    He was constantly trying to provoke another player, not me. You're as dumb as it gets. you just proved my point by your stupidity.

Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shini View Post
    He was constantly trying to provoke another player, not me. You're as dumb as it gets. you just proved my point by your stupidity.
    Being a dick won't make yours any bigger.

Good luck with the suggestion

Spoiler!

Only dead fish go with the flow

Mentioned
    852 Post(s)
    I been thinking over this, and I think the best thing to do is test it out, so you can all see the issues with it, but before we do im going to write my 2cents here for everyone to see what I expect, and why it should not be changed.

1. What will happen if we go back to the old rule? You wont be able to insult your friends or crack jokes in main chat between each other, because you will get muted for disrespect.

2.: What will happen if we go back to the old rule, but allow exceptions for some words? You will end up with a big chunk of the community feeling offended from some of the stuff thats allowed like "Trash" and those players will now have lost their right to enforce R1 when they are offended. You will also have admins confused in many situations, because some new term will come along, and admins wont know what to do creating inequality in punishments.

Example: Player 1 says "your trash" and player 2 says "your a meathead" - admin is left confused as to what a meat head is, and does not know what to do, which will result in some admins muting, and some not muting.

Example 2: Player 1 says "you're such a noob" and the admin allows it, but player 2 says "your a noobcake" and gets muted, because the admin thinks this is way worse, or is beyond confused so asks the admin team "what is a noobcake" and everyone starts to debate for 50mins with no conclusion.

What if we keep the rule as it is?

People who find the exceptions to be rude wont lose their right to enforce R1, and at the same time keep their right to troll with friends. This creates a perfect balance, but the only issue arises when two users over do this right to insult each other, but keep in mind it has nothing to do with you, so I dont see why yall care but whatever.

Conclusion: Each system has a flaw, so you should pick the one that makes most people in the community happy, and in my opinion our current rule strikes that perfect balance, because people who cant handle light disrespect get their way, and those who can are free to take all the shots they want to take.

I rather allow two people to call their moms fat in the chat, and simply mind my own businesses, than have admins being confused and not knowing how to mute creating unfair/bias circumstances, and I wouldn't want full censorship either, and I dont want a big chunk of the community to lose their right to enforce R1 either, which is why you might want to stop and realize this might just be the best of all 3 options, and IMO it is.

We could simply add on our current rule "if you are flaming hard core, or excessively filling the chat with derogatory stuff, admins will mute you.

I think its best we call for a new vote that offers more options to users, as I see much more simple and better solutions.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Its always me cracking jokes in mainchat and keepin it alive i vote for trump as a president i mean the current rule to be kept.
    Spoiler!

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Banging7Grams View Post
    I been thinking over this, and I think the best thing to do is test it out, so you can all see the issues with it, but before we do im going to write my 2cents here for everyone to see what I expect, and why it should not be changed.

1. What will happen if we go back to the old rule? You wont be able to insult your friends or crack jokes in main chat between each other, because you will get muted for disrespect.

2.: What will happen if we go back to the old rule, but allow exceptions for some words? You will end up with a big chunk of the community feeling offended from some of the stuff thats allowed like "Trash" and those players will now have lost their right to enforce R1 when they are offended. You will also have admins confused in many situations, because some new term will come along, and admins wont know what to do creating inequality in punishments.

Example: Player 1 says "your trash" and player 2 says "your a meathead" - admin is left confused as to what a meat head is, and does not know what to do, which will result in some admins muting, and some not muting.

Example 2: Player 1 says "you're such a noob" and the admin allows it, but player 2 says "your a noobcake" and gets muted, because the admin thinks this is way worse, or is beyond confused so asks the admin team "what is a noobcake" and everyone starts to debate for 50mins with no conclusion.

What if we keep the rule as it is?

People who find the exceptions to be rude wont lose their right to enforce R1, and at the same time keep their right to troll with friends. This creates a perfect balance, but the only issue arises when two users over do this right to insult each other, but keep in mind it has nothing to do with you, so I dont see why yall care but whatever.

Conclusion: Each system has a flaw, so you should pick the one that makes most people in the community happy, and in my opinion our current rule strikes that perfect balance, because people who cant handle light disrespect get their way, and those who can are free to take all the shots they want to take.

I rather allow two people to call their moms fat in the chat, and simply mind my own businesses, than have admins being confused and not knowing how to mute creating unfair/bias circumstances, and I wouldn't want full censorship either, and I dont want a big chunk of the community to lose their right to enforce R1 either, which is why you might want to stop and realize this might just be the best of all 3 options, and IMO it is.

We could simply add on our current rule "if you are flaming hard core, or excessively filling the chat with derogatory stuff, admins will mute you.

I think its best we call for a new vote that offers more options to users, as I see much more simple and better solutions.
    What I appreciate is how much time you're taking out of your personal freetime to give us a detailed explanation, and as you've put it out this way, I turn my vote to keep the rule as it currently is. We can work on further restrictions, but yeah keeping it for now is working well.

To anyone that thought "whatever I'll skip Grams' reply and drop my opinion", don't, take 60 seconds to read it and fully understand it.
    "You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist."